xfce svn repo cleanup

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Feb 27 21:02:42 CET 2008

Hey Brian,

A clean up, definitely makes sense, I say.

2008/2/27, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu>:
> Hi all,
>
>  I'd like to clean up the main Xfce SVN repository so it only contains
>  current modules that we consider in the core distribution.  To that end,
>  I also want to create another repository, 'xfce-archive', or possibly
>  'xfce-obsolete'.  So, something like this would happen:

I´d prefer to call it archive rather than obsolete.

>  pyxfce -> goodies

would a bindings repo/subdir, make sense?

>  squeeze -> goodies
>  xarchiver -> goodies
>  xfburn -> goodies
>  xfc -> ?? (leave it?)

This would be bindings too, if we decide to use that.  I suddenly
realize that it might have been better to call this xfc++ or
something, for clarity.  Ah, well, only a couple of years too late
with that suggestion...

>  xfce4 -> ?? (maybe leave it, maybe create a new 'xfce3' repo)

Yeah, that might be nice, give xfce 3 its own repo in recognition of
its great value in the evolution of Xfce ;-)  I guess archive
otherwise.

>  xfce4-iconbox -> xfce-obsolete
>  xfce4-perl -> goodies or kelnos
>  xfce4-systray -> xfce-obsolete
>  xfce4-terminal -> goodies?  Will Eduard still work on this?
>  xfce4-themes -> xfce-obsolete
>  xfce4-toys -> xfce-obsolete
>  xfce4-trigger-launcher -> xfce-obsolete
>  xffm -> xfce-obsolete
>  xffm-icons -> xfce-obsolete
>  xfmedia -> goodies or kelnos
>
>  I can also create per-user repositories (like my 'kelnos' repository) if
>   Danny/JF/Giuseppe/Stephan want to put their projects in there instead
>  of goodies.
>
>  Thoughts?  Objections?  If no one has issues with this, I'll probably
>  start the move this coming weekend.

A goodies/archive repo or subdir might be useful as well. Things like
xfce4-terminal could go there.

--
        Jasper