google summer of code

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Feb 26 19:31:22 CET 2008

Jelle de Jong wrote:

> Is it possible to help mentoring from a remote country, so i don't have
> to go to google, if it is possible to do this from my university or my
> work place in the Netherlands I would be happy to mentor some of the
> projects.

Google's program terms don't require any travel at all on the part of
the mentors or the students.

However, I'm not sure that I'd feel comfortable with someone mentoring
who has not been all that involved with Xfce.  If you are currently a
student, perhaps you could present a proposal for a project to do
yourself as a participant in GSoC?  If you're not a student, you could
always add your project ideas to the wiki, and another student could
pick them up.

> I do have large list of things that i want to discus because I currently
> disagree with some of the implementation strategy for the projects.

Why have we not heard about these before?  I do recall you posting here
in the past, but I don't remember any discussions coming out of it.

	-brian