OT: libstartup-notification?

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Tue Feb 26 16:19:41 CET 2008

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008 12:52:06 +0100, "Nick Schermer"
<nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2008/2/25, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> >  So, does startup notification already work without any need of any
> >  action of the started app itself?
>
> Gtk does everything for you like (almost) everyone said. No need to
Yes, thanks to all!

> link against libstartup-notification (gtk already is). You only call
> gdk_notify_startup_complete() when you contact another geany instance
> using dbus/pipe and exit without opening a window*, which geany
Hmmm, I don't think it's necessary at all in this case. In Geany, the
communication between two instances is done with Unix Domain Sockets
and this should be in any case faster than an user could recognise any
notification and so IMO there is no need to call
gdk_notify_startup_complete() manually at this point since the
Geany process dies immediately after sending the files.

> doesn't do afaik, so you can remove startup-notification from the todo
> list ^_^.
Hehe yes, this is why I asked :D.

Regards,
Enrico