Mousepad

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 09:20:00 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 11:53:57PM +0100, Daniele wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I don't know if it is the right place to ask, but I was looking for
> some information about the status of Mousepad text editor.
> I've read something about a 0.4 version equipped with syntax
> highlighting but the news was dated 2005, so maybe the development has
> stopped...is that so?

My branch is, apart from good encoding support, more or less ready for
trunk, which will lead to a 0.3/0.4 release. No syntax highlighting in
it and since almost every line of code is new, it needs to stabilize
first before adding new features.

Syntax highlighting in the feature is not entirely clear yet. I have
some ideas in that area, but i'll only add it when it's the right
implementation for mousepad and imho gtksourceview isn't. Furthermore
it shouldn't affect the start up time of mousepad (too much), which is
a trademark for this editor, so i want to keep it that way as much as
possible.

So the new mousepad is more or less ready, it's just that I'm lacking
good ideas for encoding integration...

Nick