Mousepad

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 01:25:09 CET 2008

On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 11:53:57PM +0100, Daniele wrote:
> Hello everybody,
>
> I don't know if it is the right place to ask, but I was looking for
> some information about the status of Mousepad text editor.
> I've read something about a 0.4 version equipped with syntax
> highlighting but the news was dated 2005, so maybe the development has
> stopped...is that so?

Development is progressing in Nick's branch, obviously called nick :p
You can see the ChangeLog[0] and/or check the web interface for svn[1].
About syntax highlighting, afaict Nick isn't in fond of GtkSource (which
provides syntax hilight) but is willing to provide his own widget or
something.

So, for the moment there isn't, but there will be in an unpredictable
future.

> Thanks in advance and I just want to let every developer know I really
> appreciate your work and I love xfce :)
>
> best,
> Daniele

Cheers,