Problem writing a PyXFCE applet

Michele Renda michele.renda at gmail.com
Fri Dec 26 20:33:47 CET 2008

Hello all.

I am writing you this email because I need some help.
I am writing a Xfce plugin: how a lot of you aready know XFCE is often
used on Debian inside Openmoko Freerunner.
XFCE is really nice, it seem to have a little pc in your hand, but it
miss a bit on telephony part. I am currently writing a Xfce applet that
allow me to make some phone calls (exist another project,called Zhone).

I am currently in a very early status, and I am using PyXFCE binding. I
was able to create an applet, to do all that I need: the single problem
that is making me crazy is this.

I can't set the width of the applet. It appear square, and it is
impossible to modify the dimensions.
I tryed all, but seem to be set_size_request didn't have any affect.

I you need I can attach the source code too.

Thank you
Michele Renda