RFC: Goodie addition: GVFS mount manager

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Sat Dec 13 16:31:01 CET 2008

On Sat, 13 Dec 2008 00:53:33 +0100, Mike Massonnet
<mmassonnet at gmail.com> wrote:

>Le Fri, 12 Dec 2008 22:47:14 +0100,
>Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> a écrit :
>
>> On 12 December 2008 at 22h12, jp.guillemin wrote:
>>
>> Hi,

>> > nothing special ... maybe the way I build XFCE (could the ordering
>> > of the build have some effect ?)...
>>
>> exo-open can call gnome-open when it doesn't know what to do. You may
>> have gnome-open available and not Mike...
>
>I figured :)
>
>gnome-open doesn't work either here, however gvfs-open works like a
>charm.  gvfs-open sftp://user@hostname and so on are working.

Cool, thanks for pointing this out.
The file-manager setting is quite new and I didn't do much testing so
far. The default for Thunar on Xfce was set with the hope of future
support of GVFS by thunar, then it should work too.
When Sion is run on non-Xfce systems, e.g. Gnome, the default file
manager command is nautilus which opens such URLs properly (as far
as I have tested).

I'll change the default command to gvfs-open for now.

Regards,
Enrico