RFC: Goodie addition: GVFS mount manager

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Sat Dec 13 00:53:33 CET 2008

Le Fri, 12 Dec 2008 22:47:14 +0100,
Colin Leroy <colin at colino.net> a écrit :

> On 12 December 2008 at 22h12, jp.guillemin wrote:
>
> Hi,

> > > You must have some other magic tuned around exo-open, cause here
> > > "exo-open sftp://bla/" returns the same error.
> > >
> > nothing special ... maybe the way I build XFCE (could the ordering
> > of the build have some effect ?)...
>
> exo-open can call gnome-open when it doesn't know what to do. You may
> have gnome-open available and not Mike...

I figured :)

gnome-open doesn't work either here, however gvfs-open works like a
charm.  gvfs-open sftp://user@hostname and so on are working.

Also, I said smb://hostname can't be mounted, well it "can" but it
won't be mounted by the gvfs-fuse-daemon inside $HOME/.gvfs.
Apparently the only possible action is gvfs-ls smb://hostname once it
is mounted.

So, this means that if you want to see the shared directories of a
samba server, you mount it and list it.  Then you have to mount one of
the shared directories.

Cheers
Mike