RFC: Goodie addition: GVFS mount manager

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 21:54:58 CET 2008

Le Fri, 12 Dec 2008 20:45:30 +0100,
Mike Massonnet <mmassonnet at gmail.com> a écrit :

> Woa, and hi Enrico
>
> Le Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:54:50 +0100,
> Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> a écrit :
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've written a little tool which let you view, mount and unmount
> > (i.e. connect/disconnect) GVFS mounts.
> >
> > It's not ready at all but already usable and I think it would be
> > cool if the Xfce Goodies would have such an application [1].
> > What do you think?
>
> I see the need for a plugin as necessary to ease the access to the
> file systems, cause a window to open a Thunar window sounds annoying.

I see there is a systray icon.

The Windows share seems to be untested.  You cannot mount
smb://192.168.0.10 for instance, you have to pass the name of a shared
directory, e.g. smb://192.168.0.10/flims.  You can set the Server to
192.168.0.10/flims, but that's a bug and it should provide an
additional "Share name" or "Shared directory name" entry.

You use a keyring daemon, great!  Dunno how it is done, so I go and dig
cause this is very interesting.

In the bookmarks, you should not display the URI Scheme column, instead
display the "Service type" as in the "Create bookmark" dialog.  The
labels smb, sftp, ftp are gross to a user pov, while the name "Windows
share" is not.

Cheers,
Mike