RFC: Goodie addition: GVFS mount manager

Mike Massonnet mmassonnet at gmail.com
Fri Dec 12 20:45:30 CET 2008

Woa, and hi Enrico

Le Fri, 12 Dec 2008 19:54:50 +0100,
Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de> a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I've written a little tool which let you view, mount and unmount (i.e.
> connect/disconnect) GVFS mounts.
>
> It's not ready at all but already usable and I think it would be cool
> if the Xfce Goodies would have such an application [1].
> What do you think?

I had the feeling that someone could be writing such a goodie.  I
started myself such a goodie on monday, and believe me it's way less
featured than the look of your current screenshots.
I'm going to try sion asap.

I agree that it is nice to have such a tool around, and also that later
it could be merged/reused in Thunar and the Places plugin.

My very first need was to mount a remote file system in a GUI fashion
with the ability to bookmark.
I believe the mount/unmount operations should be done via a daemon
which displays errors and asks for corrections.  It would also mount
all the bookmarked file systems on start (those marked as
"mount-at-login").

I see the need for a plugin as necessary to ease the access to the file
systems, cause a window to open a Thunar window sounds annoying.

Cheers
Mike
PS: As I'm not a very good maintainer anyway, I'm happy that you started
it, as I see you as a good maintainer ;-)