FOSDEM devroom request rejected

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Dec 1 19:56:00 CET 2008

Jannis Pohlmann wrote:

 > Another talk might
> be about freedesktop.org compliance in Xfce but what might be even more
> interesting are things like the session D-Bus interface. Brian, I
> remember you were considering to announce it on fd.o for further
> discussion - maybe FOSDEM is a good opportunity to present the idea too.

Eh, not really.  GNOME ended up coming up with their own session
management dbus interface which we should probably just adopt at some point.

> Dunno about xfconf. I guess that due to not supporting schemas it might
> not be interesting as a cross desktop topic. I'm not exactly sure
> though-

Sure it does.  It just doesn't require or enforce schemas, but could
probably be extended to do so without much trouble.  Regardless, I'm not
sure I want to do a talk at FOSDEM period, so...

	-brian