Keyboard shortcut themes

Stefan Stuhr xfce4devlist at sstuhr.dk
Sun Aug 31 19:23:21 CEST 2008

søn, 31 08 2008 kl. 19:07 +0200, skrev Jannis Pohlmann:
>   Good: Get rid of the themes concept. Whether this is good or not
>         depends on how frequently this feature is used though. I can
>         imagine several situations where it might be useful but in most
>         of them I'd personally rather create another user than to switch
>         the keyboard theme.
>
>         Pros: Transparent behaviour, conflicts can be avoided globally
>               and are thus impossible, less maintainance overhead and
>               not much work to be done before the alpha release.
>
>         Cons: Reduced configurability/functionality.

With the more flexible xfconf (as opposed to the old mcs), it should be
possible to write some kind of script that can; a) export the currently
configured themes to a file like the current theme files; b) import a
file in the same format, clearing all shortcuts beforehand. One could
even use GTK+ bindings and make a nice GUI for this.

>   - Jannis

Stefan