updated xfwm4 svn...

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Aug 25 19:53:37 CEST 2008

Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 24, 2008 at 05:39:04PM -0700, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
 >
>> I'm sure this has already been debated, but, just to throw in my
>> probably-unwanted 2 cents...  doesn't all this spacing seem a little
>> excessive to anyone else?  Especially in the case where you have a
>> large number of check/radio buttons arranged vertically.  The WM Tweaks
>> dialog is going to be *really* tall after I apply these style
>> guidelines.
>
> Personally, I think those values (especially the 6px vertical and 12px
> horizontal spacings) are a very good choice. I'd have to look at the
> WM Tweaks dialog again - maybe if the dialog becomes too large we could
> re-arrange things or chose alternative widgets.

Yeah, I guess a decent amount of this is personal preference.  I
wouldn't call myself a pixel-nazi, but I do prefer less 'whitespace' in
general.

As it turns out, the WM Tweaks dialog didn't grow too much as I feared;
it looks pretty decent.  The scrollbar on the compositor tab will save
people on low-res screens, though we *really* need to figure out how to
get it to autosize to full-height if space is available, cuz it looks
really dumb as-is.

	-brian