updated xfwm4 svn...

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Mon Aug 25 02:39:04 CEST 2008

On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 17:17:43 -0700 Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> On Sun, 24 Aug 2008 20:50:53 +0200 Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
>
> > I don't want to sound rude or anything, but don't you think it would
> > be better to make the xfwm4 and xfdesktop settings dialogs
> > consistent with the rest of the dialogs? We've already put quite
> > some effort into making them share a consistent style and IMHO it
> > feels just wrong if there are two or three dialogs that look
> > different.
>
> I didn't know the other dialogs had already been consistent-ified...
> I'll give them a look.

Ok, here's what I've been able to gather... I'll add this to the wiki
or somewhere so we can all refer to it after I'm sure I've got it right.

Toplevel GtkContainer::border-width = 6
Notebook tab GtkContainer::border-width = 12
GtkVBox::spacing = 6
GtkHBox::spacing = 12 (?)
Internal GtkBox::border-width = 6
GtkButtonBox::spacing = 12?

GtkTable::border-width = 0
GtkTable::column-spacing = 12
GtkTable::row-spacing = 6

Indentation: use GtkAlignment, set:
  - padding-top = 0
  - padding-bottom = 6 [1]
  - padding-left = 12
  - padding-right = 0
  - border-width = 0

[1] Accessibility dialog has 0 bottom padding for check boxes in the
Keyboard tab.  Why?

Aside from the inconsistency in [1], does that seem right?

I'm sure this has already been debated, but, just to throw in my
probably-unwanted 2 cents...  doesn't all this spacing seem a little
excessive to anyone else?  Especially in the case where you have a
large number of check/radio buttons arranged vertically.  The WM Tweaks
dialog is going to be *really* tall after I apply these style
guidelines.

	-b