Quick access to app menu on desktop

jp.guillemin jp.guillemin at free.fr
Mon Aug 18 09:57:53 CEST 2008

Hi,

As I'm more used to Linux than MS Windows(TM), I personally like to
access the application menu through the desktop rather than through the
panel, and XFCE 4.6 seems to be a regression in this area (not easy to
access).

For the moment "left click on desktop" does nothing. Would it be
possible to add an "OPTION" to activate desktop application menu from
left click ?

If it's not possible for stock xfdesktop due to XFCE roadmap, would it
be possible to have a patch ?

The optimal solution imho would be to let the user choose which type of
menu is associated to each type of click... just my 2 cents ;)

Thanks

JP