Adding Midori to the Xfce Projects page

Christian Dywan christian at twotoasts.de
Thu Aug 14 19:12:48 CEST 2008

Am Thu, 14 Aug 2008 18:32:55 +0200
schrieb "Liviu Andronic" <landronimirc at gmail.com>:

> Dear all,
>
> On 8/11/08, Christian Dywan <christian at twotoasts.de> wrote:
> >  PS: For those who didn't know, Midori is now an Xfce project. I
> >  still have to post an announcement about that on the website.
> >
> Might I suggest also moving catfish [1] to the Xfce goodies? It's
> quite handy a searching tool and might get better visibility if part
> of Xfce. At the same time, this is one part functionality is kinda
> missing in Xfce.
>
> Liviu
>
> [1] http://software.twotoasts.de/index.php?/pages/catfish_summary.html

Hey Liviu,

I would generally not mind doing that. However...

I hardly have any time at the moment. I do have plans and
ideas to make catfish 0.4 totally nice. And I have even written some
code (not nearly good enough for a release, though). But the lion share
of my spare time hacking is going into Midori right now, since that
simply has a higher priority for me personally right now.

Yet if anyone wants to bring more life to Catfish again, and maybe at
the same time move it into Xfce, address me, tell me you want Catfish,
push me to it and I can take care of a repository, and add the project
to the bugtracker I'm using for Midori. And we can look into issues with
the current code. That is, if somebody looks into bugs, other than me, I
won't stop that person and look at patches. But I don't think I'll
invest much time hunting bugs myself.

Maybe that even motivates me, and makes me think about 0.4 again, but I
can't promise anything. ^_~

ciao,
    Christian