bug report - Xfdesktop 4.5.0svn-r27141 - desktop launchers don't display correct icon

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Mon Aug 11 19:26:12 CEST 2008

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 09:44:43 +0200, "jp.guillemin"
<jp.guillemin at free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> With Xfdesktop 4.5.0svn-r27141, all desktop launchers display the
> generic "gtk-execute" icon instead of the theme icon specified in the
> launcher.desktop file.

I can't reproduce this but this doesn't mean much.
While testing I found something funny: the icon in the right-click menu
when using 'File/launcher icons' for the "Create URL link" item is a
sweet red heart in the Tango icon theme :D.
It looks a little strange but also funny in this menu ;-)  (see
attachment).

Well, xfdesktop first tries to use the icon "gnome-fs-bookmark" but
this isn't available on my system (no Gnome here...) and so it uses the
fallback "emblem-favorite" which is a heart in Tango :).

Regards,
Enrico