My Xfce Experience

Kok, Auke sofar at foo-projects.org
Wed Apr 23 19:52:40 CEST 2008

Dantrell B. wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Don't misunderstand, I submitted my thoughts because I was asked to.
> I'm not expecting anyone to change anything based on one voice.
>
> The email is titled, "My Xfce Experience" and not, "What I want Xfce
> to Be" for a reason.
>
> As I said before, critique is critique. Take it or leave it.

This is not a blog list - it's a development list.

If you post to this list people will assume that your critique is something that
you want to be addressed by the developers that frequent this list.

If you want to write a review/experience/blog about Xfce then I suggest that you
do not do that on this list. It is not the right place for people to "dump and
run" complaints. You are actually expected to cooperate with the developers and
act in case they ask for more information and feedback.

We need everyone on this list to behave this way since otherwise the mailinglist
cannot function in the way that it is meant (which is productively). And this is
the reason exactly why people commented about the way that you posted your message.

I hope this clears things up a bit and we can avoid these hit-and-runs in the future.

Cheers,

Auke