Bugzilla cleanup

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 09:50:27 CEST 2007

2007/9/23, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu>:
> On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 22:41:13 +0200 Harold Aling wrote:
> > PS, has anyone looked into using trac as a bug tracker? It has really
> > good milestone capabilities and may prevent such a 'polluted' bug
> > list...
>
> Last time we used trac on our server, it would habitually eat 100% CPU
> and start consuming RAM like crazy.  It's been a while, though, so
> maybe those issues have been fixed.  I've seen trac used for some other
> projects, and it's kinda nice -- I really like the ability to do
> formatting in bug comments, and I like how it tracks changes to the
> bug's metadata (changes in status, summary, etc.) along with the
> comments.  The svn integration would be nice, too (I used to have
> Bonsai set up when we still used CVS, but never replaced it).

Although I think trac is nice, the switch seems like an awful job
since the bugzilla2trac scripts seems to be horrible. And although
trac looks nice for users (roadmap view), I think bugzilla is more
powerful for our purposes.
>From that point: we could switch to bugzilla v3, since there are 2 bug
fix releases, so it looks stable enough to me. So if you (Brian) want
to switch, tell me and I'll fix the templates.

Nick