Bugzilla cleanup

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun Sep 23 23:48:44 CEST 2007

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 22:41:13 +0200 Harold Aling wrote:

> > Oh dude, slow down... it doesn't really help me to receive another
> > 100+ bugzilla mails. Please do not comment each and every pending
> > bug.
>
> I know, but some bugs aren't commented on in quite a while.
> Commenting on it sends an email to all those envolved.

... which is kinda annoying and doesn't really help me.  I also sort my
bug lists based on 'last changed date', and this messes that up.

> I'm sorry if you receive a lot of emails from bugzilla. If you have a
> better idea how to sort the good and bad reports, I'll be very happy
> to hear it!

Bad reports get closed, good reports get left alone, regardless of
age.  If you aren't sure, leave it.

Regardless, thanks for going through these.

> PS, has anyone looked into using trac as a bug tracker? It has really
> good milestone capabilities and may prevent such a 'polluted' bug
> list...

Last time we used trac on our server, it would habitually eat 100% CPU
and start consuming RAM like crazy.  It's been a while, though, so
maybe those issues have been fixed.  I've seen trac used for some other
projects, and it's kinda nice -- I really like the ability to do
formatting in bug comments, and I like how it tracks changes to the
bug's metadata (changes in status, summary, etc.) along with the
comments.  The svn integration would be nice, too (I used to have
Bonsai set up when we still used CVS, but never replaced it).

	-brian