libxfce4menu filesystem monitoring

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Thu Sep 20 01:02:04 CEST 2007

Am Thu, 20 Sep 2007 00:41:19 +0200
schrieb Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org>:

> Could you perhaps check if it works for you as well? I haven't looked
> into what effects my changes might have on xfdesktop.

BTW, here's what I checked:

 1. Editing xfce-applications.menu (I removed the first <Filename>
    element from the root menu) => works (the "Run program..." item
    disappears).

 2. Editing xfce-development.directory (I changed the menu name) =>
    works (the menu name is updated in the panel menu).

 3. Editing a random .desktop file (I renamed the application by
    appending lots of exclamation marks) => does not work (name in the
    menu doesn't change).

 4. Creating a new .desktop file in /usr/share/applications => works
    (the new application appears in the correct menu).

As you can see, almost everything does what it should, except for
editing the .desktop files. I don't really know what might be going on
there, but I'm sure we'll find out.

  - Jannis