Panel plugins have a fixed size in trunk

Enrico Tröger enrico.troeger at uvena.de
Tue Sep 11 20:45:01 CEST 2007

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 21:19:38 +0300, juha <kautto.juha at kolumbus.fi>
wrote:

> >> As far as I can see there is nothing I can do to get Orage-clock
> >> work better in the new panel. If there is not enough space, users
> >> need now to increase panel size.
> >>
> > In the way like on http://www.uvena.de/tmp/xfce_big_panel.png?
> >
> Isn't that just right?
IMO not. I have to have a far too wide panel to be able to see the
clock. If I have a panel size which is nice, then I can't see the
clock, at least not completely. ATM, it is unusable.

> > I think panel plugins should take care of the used font size
> > according to the panel size. This affects also the sensors plugin.
> >
> Hmm. Maybe a maximum would now make sense after the panel size
> is fixed, but no program can quess what size of fonts I want to use.
But anything should change. The current behaviour is too bad: have a
panel which is 3times too wide or just see only the hours of the clock.

> > I just noticed it even happens when I use a horizontal panel
> > (http://www.uvena.de/tmp/xfce_hori_panel.png). Setting the width of
> > the orage clock in the properties dialog doesn't work at all, btw.
> >
> It has no effect or how does it not work?
> Works fine for me in 4.4.
Regardless which values I set(tried with values >200) for both width and
height but absolutely nothing changed. I tried it with a horizontal and
vertical panel.

Regards,
Enrico