Panel plugins have a fixed size in trunk

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 19:56:17 CEST 2007

2007/9/10, Enrico Tröger <enrico.troeger at uvena.de>:
> On Mon, 10 Sep 2007 19:25:57 +0200, "Nick Schermer"
> <nickschermer at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > And I have some space(see attached image, between xmms-plugin and
> > > pidgin) in the systray. I have no idea which causes this space. Any
> > > ideas?
> >
> > Probably a not propery display systemtray icon, please try rev. 26067
> > or later.
> It is r26067.
>
> When getting to the properties dialog of the systray, it shows me some
> "Hidden Applications". Any information about this?

That list shows applications that were in the tray with an icon since
you've added the plugin to the panel.

> In the list I find Opera which isn't running at all as well as Sylpheed
> which is running but the tray icon support is disabled.

But maybe enabled when the plugins was added (or an invisible icon), see below.

> But I notice when checking(enable! not disable) the space is gone but I
> get a down-arrow at the bottom of the systray. I'm a bit confused.

Some applications uses gtkstatusicon and set the the visibility to
false, this does not really hide the icon, but empties the window. I'm
not really sure if this is a problem at my side, but i'll take a look
if I can fix it.

> There is also a list item "Show_frame" but checking/unchecking it does
> absolutely nothing.

Well that's weird, maybe try another theme.

Nick