config daemon/library for 4.6

Bo Lorentsen bl at lue.dk
Sun Sep 9 13:16:27 CEST 2007

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> Mmm, good call.  I'd intended the ability to be able to write an app
> like this, but I hadn't (yet) thought about the need to get all the
> channel names.  I'll add that to my TODO file.
I was only hinting that the backend interface was missing some
functionality to do this. When this is in place, someone else could
write this xfconf-editor, and You could concentrate on the nice dbus
backend and API part.

One more thing ... could a "key-ring" functionality be included in the
xfconf system too, to simplify things ? This would be really nice to
have like a secure "channel" of a kind. If this is in place we could
have plugins like NetworkManager ported to a pure Xfce env.

But I really like what have been done so far, good work !

/BL