libxfce4menu & make distcheck

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu Oct 25 04:39:25 CEST 2007

Hey Jannis,

libxfce4menu is a little unfriendly to make distcheck (which runs make
check).  Your tests look like they assume you already have the
proper .menu files installed on your system, and also require an
x11 display.  For automatic tarball generation, this kinda doesn't
work.  I think your first test is reasonable, but you should include
everything needed for the test inside your test suite and not rely on
the system to provide bits (well, the system of course provides the
build-time dependencies, but I think that should be all). The second
test is useful, but shouldn't be invoked by default, or should at least
quit with a 'pass' if it can't open an X display (can use
gtk_init_check() for that).

What do you think?  For now I'll just special-case your module in my
script to do 'make dist' instead of 'make distcheck'.

	-brian