Removing parts from xfce4gui4

mmassonnet at gmail.com mmassonnet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 19 07:17:49 CET 2007

On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 09:40:15PM +0100, Bernhard Walle wrote:
> * Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> [2007-11-18 20:41]:
> > >
> > > Yeah, in Gtk ^_^.
> >
> > Right, but apparently it can be worked around -- Stafan's tray proves
> > that.  We have a long history of working around various bugs in our
> > systray, and it's somewhat sad that we've lost all those little bug
> > fixes with your rewrite.
>
> Also, should such core functionality really depend on Python? I don't
> think so.

Tha's not on-topic.  Stefan worked on another systray, and python is
just a fine option if you want it to be done quickly, e.g. no
compilation is needed, and there is less code to type.

Xfce ships core components written in C, and it will remain that way,
until we hit Xfce 5 we a new $something rewrite ^_^.

>        Bernhard

mike