Removing parts from xfce4gui4

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Sun Nov 18 21:47:42 CET 2007

2007/11/18, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu>:
> Right, but apparently it can be worked around -- Stafan's tray proves
> that.  We have a long history of working around various bugs in our
> systray, and it's somewhat sad that we've lost all those little bug
> fixes with your rewrite.

Thanks for the complement . I just needs a bit of time to hack around
the quirks in all the zillion tray implementations.

> Then maybe we need a new goal.  Really, the ideal thing is just to stop
> using libxfcegui4.  We can just deprecate portions of it over time --
> it really doesn't matter in the long run, does it?

We will know in the feature, fact is that gui4 contains 80% of unused
(by the plugins/core) code after the wnck merge, so it would be pretty
stupid if we leave it there if you'd ask me. Deprecation is useful for
libraries like gtk/glib etc, but not for a tiny lib that is used
inside Xfce.

Nick