Removing parts from xfce4gui4

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun Nov 18 20:41:45 CET 2007

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 20:12:23 +0100 Nick Schermer wrote:

> 2007/11/18, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu>:
> > On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:49:41 +0100 Stefan Stuhr wrote:
> >
> > > My plugin is the one without cropped icons.
> >
> > Well, the cropped icons is a bug that should get fixed, right Nick?
>
> Yeah, in Gtk ^_^.

Right, but apparently it can be worked around -- Stafan's tray proves
that.  We have a long history of working around various bugs in our
systray, and it's somewhat sad that we've lost all those little bug
fixes with your rewrite.

> > Regardless, someone is using XfceSystray, so we can't remove it.
> > Just leave it.  If you *really* want to remove it, just mark it as
> > deprecated and we'll remove it in a year or 2 or whatever.  There's
> > really no reason to remove stuff -- we just "want" to.
>
> I don't want to, but the goal was to cleanup gui4, deprecating is not
> cleaning up IMHO. But anyways, I'll deprecate both clock and tray...

Then maybe we need a new goal.  Really, the ideal thing is just to stop
using libxfcegui4.  We can just deprecate portions of it over time --
it really doesn't matter in the long run, does it?

	-brian