Removing parts from xfce4gui4

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun Nov 18 20:03:46 CET 2007

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007 19:49:41 +0100 Stefan Stuhr wrote:

> søn, 18 11 2007 kl. 18:44 +0100, skrev Nick Schermer:
> > 2007/11/18, Stefan Stuhr <xfce4devlist at sstuhr.dk>:
> > > I will miss xfce_systemtray.{c,h}.
> > >
> > > I am using it in a custom panel plugin[1] I have made using
> > > PyXfce. I like it better than the one included with the panel
> > > (4.4 as well as the new one in trunk), mainly because it doesn't
> > > have any border, and I want the icons to use the full panel
> > > height (in a 24px panel).
> >
> > Fix that in trunk.
>
> I still prefer how my plugin does layout/border.
>
> I have attached two screenshots, one of the systray plugin from
> xfce4-panel trunk (revision 26370) with disabled frame, the other of
> my custom systray plugin.
> My plugin is the one without cropped icons.

Well, the cropped icons is a bug that should get fixed, right Nick?

Regardless, someone is using XfceSystray, so we can't remove it.  Just
leave it.  If you *really* want to remove it, just mark it as
deprecated and we'll remove it in a year or 2 or whatever.  There's
really no reason to remove stuff -- we just "want" to.

Honestly, I'm not entirely sure we should be breaking ABI period, but I
don't really feel all that strongly about it.

	-brian