Zonbu, xfce-equiped green PC (with gentoo and xfce)

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Fri Nov 16 22:39:59 CET 2007

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 22:28:22 +0100, "Alexander Toresson"
<alexander.toresson at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 16, 2007 10:00 PM, Stephan Arts <stephan at xfce.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Watch this:
>>
>> http://www.zonbu.com
>> http://www.zonbu.com/software/demo.htm
>>
>> Xfce as default Desktop-Environment on an OEM machine :-)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Stephan
>
> Nice!
>
> But I can't but wonder what that gtk2 theme is -- and they also seem
> to apply some panel-specific theming! Perhaps the panel theme is
> pixmap-based? Dunno about the main one, though, I don't recognise the
> engine, but it could be pixmap too.

I'm the proud owner of one of those since a couple of months now. The
Gentoo based installation had to be replaced by Xubuntu though... IIRC, the
theme is pixmap based and they must have patched some parts of Xfce to get
it to look that way. There have been some rumours that they are unwilling
to share the changes though. Maybe an Xfce developer can ask the Zonbu
people for the source tarballs/patches?

Zonbu:

It's a cheap (I've paid 288 Euro to get it to the Netherlands), 100%
silent, relatively fast (1.2 GHz/512 MB DDR2) and very small PC that only
consumes 15 watt under full load! It doesn't have any moving parts and the
casing is also the heat sink (but it even doesn't get 'warmish').

Zonbu is just a mere reseller, the original manufacturer is eBox[1] and the
system consists of this chipset[2]

[1] http://www.compactpc.com.tw/ebox-4854.htm
[2] http://www.via.com.tw/en/products/chipsets/c-series/cx700m/

-H-