Xfce uses screen size of disconnected monitor

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sat Nov 3 01:53:32 CET 2007

Henk Boom wrote:
> On 02/11/2007, Brian J. Tarricone <bjt23 at cornell.edu> wrote:
>> I think the problem is that xfwm4 just doesn't have xrandr 1.2 support.
>
> It seems a lot of things don't support xrandr 1.2 yet, I have to
> restart xfdesktop and xfce4-panel to make them realize when I add or
> remove screens =(. Is this support planned?

I don't think anyone's really talked about it.  Really, though, this
support should be added to gtk -- xfdesktop at least just uses gtk to
enumerate monitors and screens.  Gtk doesn't appear to provide a signal
for screen/monitor addition or removal.  Not really sure how to handle
this here.  If someone wants to donate a computer with a video card with
xrandr 1.2 support, as well as an extra LCD monitor, I'd be glad to look
into it ^_~.

	-brian