XFCE 4.4 RPM for CentOS 5

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue May 15 22:36:50 CEST 2007

On Tue, 15 May 2007 13:17:56 -0600 Kevin Fenzi wrote:

>On Tue, 15 May 2007 10:04:01 -0700
>bjt23 at cornell.edu ("Brian J. Tarricone") wrote:
>
>> Otherwise, we do provide spec files for most of our packages in the
>> release tarball, but you'll probably have to edit them a bit to get
>> them to work properly.  Please send patches if/when you do!
>
>I'd be happy to submit my changes up to you guys, but I fear the fedora
>ones are sometimes Fedora specific. It's a pity that
>Fedora/SuSE/Mandriva, etc all do things slightly diffrently.

Perhaps there are differences, but I'd be surprised if many of our spec
files even work at all at this point.  Something Fedora-specific is
probably better than something that isn't really useful to anyone.

Ideally, we could ship (or at least provide hosting on the website for)
different spec files for a few of the major RPM-based distros, but
that's a bit of work I'm not personally willing to take on.

	-brian