Xfce and the default icon

Harold Aling h.aling at home.nl
Thu Mar 29 10:31:29 CEST 2007

Dear list,

I was wondering if it's possible (or feasible) to use the icon specified
in the application's .desktop file as window manager, taskbar and
taskswitcher icon if the application itself doesn't specify one.

For example:
I have a nice terminal icon for xterm in my menu, but launching xterm
results in a default icon ('starry' thing), the same goes for rdesktop
and a lot of other apps... This becomes very confusing when opening a
lot of apps on a single workspace.

If this is possible to achieve, I'll create the appropriate bugzilla
report...

-H-