FrapMenu to libxfce4util (Re: [Xfce4-commits] r25185 - in libfrap/trunk/libfrap/menu: . tests)

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Tue Mar 20 22:35:09 CET 2007

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007 21:30:14 +0100, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> > Now that the most important menu spec tests are passed and Brian
> > already uses FrapMenu in xfdesktop, shouldn't we move FrapMenu out
> > of libfrap and into Xfce trunk? Of course this raises the question
> > about how we plan to reorganize our libraries for Xfce 4.6 again -
> > I'd be glad if we could come to a conclusion here soon.
> >

> /me hugs Jannis . Awesome work you've been doing on the menu!
>
> As for the menu reorganization, what can I say, we suck at making
> changes like that.

True, hehe. Ah well ...

> I think you should just go ahead and move the menu to libxfce4util
> (as XfceMenu, I guess?), we can always move things later.

I'd prefer to make it a separate library. Not because I want my baby to
have it's own realm but rather because most applications which use
libxfce4util won't need it. When it's done it will have about
7000-10000 lines of code - do we really want this in libxfce4util?

> It doesn't use graphical stuff, does it? Otherwise, it should of
> course be in libxfcegui4.

No, it currently only depends on libxfcegui4 because of one test
program.

  - Jannis