Application Settings for XFCE 4.6

Stephan Arts psybsd at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 00:21:08 CET 2007

On 3/7/07, Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:
> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> > The biggest problem with mcs is probably that the settings daemon for
> >
> Ehm, that's our Xfce MCS, I'm talking about, just make sure ;-)

IIRC, benny once suggested using DBUS for settings-management, i
really liked this idea.
What do you think about specifying a D-BUS interface for
settings-management, and let a (separate) daemon(s) handle these
settings in the background? Possibly separate MCS-daemon and an
XSETTINGS daemons?

This way we decouple platform-specific scary stuff from the
configuration-dialogs and we have a unified interface between
platforms.

Regards

Stephan