xfdm

Ori Bernstein ori at eigenstate.org
Wed Jun 27 08:01:53 CEST 2007

On Wed, 27 Jun 2007 07:49:14 +0200, polytan <polytan at gmail.com> said:

> Hi,
>
> I'm using xfce for a quite long time (I agree, less than M. Fourdan :) ) and
> I try to only use xfce components (understand gtk only and no gnome).
>
> So, I'm asking all people developping xfce software because an xfce daemon
> manager is the last thing not currently existing.

This has been discussed repeatedly.

Creating a DM (Desktop Manager) is far from trivial when the security issues are
taken into account, and nobody seems to be interested in creating and
maintaining it.

Unless you're willing to write a DM for Xfce, just use GDM or Slim or XDM or one
of the many other login managers.