How Xfce works with svg files?

Alexander Toresson alexander.toresson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 25 13:27:14 CEST 2007

On 6/24/07, Salvatore De Paolis <iwkse at claws-mail.org> wrote:
> Hi all
> I'm trying to hack the xfce4-netload-plugins to allow showing a network icon
> near the double progressbars.
> Since xfce-panel seems to manage svg files, i though it would be as nicer if i
> could work with them.
> I get a look in the xfce4-panel and the Changelog state

> * panel/icons.c: Added .svg support for themes. (librsvg provides a
>   gdk-pixbuf loader), pointed out by keke at plskthx.org
>
> but such icons.c file do not exists in the xfce4-panel tree.
>
> Can anybody point me to the file where i can see an example of loading a svg
> image?
>
> Regards
> S.

That one looks like a very old changelog entry. The panel has been
rewritten since then. And things certainly has changed. I think (I
might be wrong) that nowadays you don't have to do anything special to
use svg graphics in a gtk program and that gtk is supposed to handle
it.

Regards, Alexander Toresson