MCS design proposal

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 01:23:45 CEST 2007

On 3/19/07, Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have uploaded my thoughts about a new MCS design to
>
>   http://lunar-linux.org/~jannis/mcs-design-proposal.txt
[big snip]

Hey there, everyone.

I don't know if anyone has already checked it, but, here it goes.

I heard about GConf being overhauled quite some time ago, and one of
the targets for this change was to make it run as a D-Bus service and,
as it seemed to me (correct me if I'm wrong, please) simpler and
lighter.

Have anyone checked if it would be possible to, instead of creating a
new configuration manager, work together with the guys working at
GConf to create some sort of D-Bus based, desktop independent
configuration system ? It could even become a fd.o "standard".

I'm really thinking about the client apps here. If we could workout at
least a common D-Bus interface with the guys at GConf, the app
wouldn't have to mind about which implementation it is running on.

Of course, this is all considering it WOULD be possible to do such
thing. And I don't know about both specs to say it can.

Regards,
Alexandre Moreira.