New clock plugin in xfce4-panel trunk

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Mon Jul 9 12:14:34 CEST 2007

2007/7/9, Grant McWilliams <grantmasterflash at gmail.com>:
> So we're looking into the future here. From a distribution standpoint it's
> not a big issue because a distributor will include the latest gtk+ but for
> someone who wants to download the graphical installer it's going to be hell.

We're not looking in the feature, we have to keep up a bit with the
latest features. We cannot depends on Gtk 2.4/2.6 for ages, Gtk is
evolving and so is Xfce. There were some rejections about depending on
2.10 for the core parts, well fine by me, but 2.8 shouldn't be a big
problem.

And it's not going to be hell for the installer, since we add cairo as
a new dependency and bump Gtk 2.6 to 2.8.

Nick