Desktop gets "Audio CD" icon, but option to play it is missing...

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 5 11:01:05 CEST 2007

Hi,

When I enter an audio CD into my CDrom, then an "Audio CD" icon appears
on my XFCE desktop. Although XFCE recognizes it as an audio CD, the
right-click-mouse menu only offers options related to mounting the device
(which obviously is not possible).
The only useful option here "Play" (with a preferred player) is not there.

Am I missing an XFCE plugin for this, or is this a missing feature ?

I'm using XFCE 4.4.1 that ships with Fedora 7.

Thanks,
Rob.