Fbdo - announcing a new tool

Steve Cooper steve at wijjo.com
Tue Jul 3 22:53:54 CEST 2007

It does run fine in place (without installing), but you need a
customized small front-end python script.  For example, below is the
contents of test/fbdo, which is an in-place runnable script for
testing.  Obviously it assumes comfort with Python. :).  Note that the
test directory has a setup program you can customize to generate the
fbdo script.  It's here more as an example.  The main point is that
you have to be able to import the python modules cmdo and fbdo and set
the path arrays "cmdo.public.engine.dirsScript" and
"cmdo.public.program.dirsScript" to the places to look for cmdo.d and
fbdo.d directories.  So with Python familiarity it's pretty easy.  I
could make an installer that just generates such a script in a
friendlier way.  Does this help?

#!/usr/bin/env python
import sys
import os.path

dirTest = os.path.split(os.path.abspath(sys.argv[0]))[0]
dirLib  = os.path.join(dirTest, 'lib')
dirTestCmdoD = os.path.join(dirTest, 'cmdo.d')
dirTestFbdoD = os.path.join(dirTest, 'fbdo.d')

pathSys = sys.path
sys.path.insert(0, dirLib)
import fbdo
sys.path = pathSys
import cmdo.public
sys.path = pathSys

# Just look here for .cmdo modules
cmdo.public.engine.dirsScript  = [dirTestCmdoD]
cmdo.public.program.dirsScript = [dirTestFbdoD]

if __name__ == '__main__':
    fbdo.main('TEST')