Goals for next Xfce releases

Myles Green rmg57 at telus.net
Mon Jan 29 10:32:33 CET 2007

On Mon, 29 Jan 2007 08:37:23 +0100
Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:22:58 -0700, Myles Green wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:54:03 +0100
> > Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:

> > > I don't see the need for either of these features, personally.
> >
> > Am I the only one who can't spell perfectly? I'd prefer tabs to
> > multiple windows. But if these are asking too much then, no problem.
> > They were just suggestions as asked for.
>
> I can't spell perfectly either, but if you write official letters or
> emails, you most likely want to use an office suite or your email
> client.
>
> IMHO, mousepad is mostly useful for reading files, not for heavy work
> (like writing software with it) and you really don't want to have red
> marks all over the place in that situation.
>
> This of course only reflects my opinion and my use cases of mousepad.

Ah, I see, well that explains things. I was not aware mousepad was
designed to be a simple text viewer, hence my suggestions. In that case
I'll just continue to use gedit for editing - nothing too heavy of
course. Still, it's nice to be able to switch between tabs and check
my spelling from time to time.

I in no way expected my simple (I thought) suggestions to generate such
a response from people. Thanks, everybody, for your suggestions for an
editor but I'll be sticking with what I've been using all along, gedit,
it does what I need a text editor to do.

Please let this be the end of this part of the thread...

Thanks!

Myles

--
Myles Green