Goals for next Xfce releases

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Mon Jan 29 08:37:23 CET 2007

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 15:22:58 -0700, Myles Green wrote:

> On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 23:54:03 +0100
> Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 14:52:32 -0700, Myles Green wrote:

> > > Spell check would be nice to have, as would be tabs... or is that
> > > getting to be too much like gedit?
> >
> > I don't see the need for either of these features, personally.
>
> Am I the only one who can't spell perfectly? I'd prefer tabs to
> multiple windows. But if these are asking too much then, no problem.
> They were just suggestions as asked for.

I can't spell perfectly either, but if you write official letters or
emails, you most likely want to use an office suite or your email
client.

IMHO, mousepad is mostly useful for reading files, not for heavy work
(like writing software with it) and you really don't want to have red
marks all over the place in that situation.

This of course only reflects my opinion and my use cases of mousepad.

  - Jannis