4.4.0 release status - aftermath #2

Auke Kok sofar at foo-projects.org
Mon Jan 22 17:43:46 CET 2007

Hi guys!

it's monday morning and we're up on slashdot (BSD section). yay.

our main server pooped out around 6am PST (15:00CET) soaring load to something
like 45.00, and some jobs were getting killed. Amazingly enough it still served
http requests. heh

the server has gotten a reboot just now, and runs just fine. It appeats that
either SVN or a cronjob was the main culprit, and we'll keep it out of the
rotation for a while until the crowd subsides :)

apart from that it's a blast. the mirrors are fine and not sweating (0.10 load
on tx-us) and it appear that it's all holding up just fine.

cheers to the team, thanks for making my monday morning a spectacular one ;)

Auke