Squeeze is in need for an icon.

Stephan Arts psybsd at gmail.com
Tue Jan 16 19:13:03 CET 2007

On 1/16/07, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> >> To whom it may concern (Sofar ??):
> >>
> >> I'm glad a better product will replace mine; however notify me in time if
> >> the web hosting for Xarchiver is to be closed.
> >
> > there are no plans to do so! I will happily allow both projects to continue to coexist
> > together!
>
> I don't know the exact details/differences, so excuse my probably stupid
> question. But is there no way to merge these projects? I.e. use
> libsqueeze for Xarchiver?

Though libsqueeze is still in early stage of development. (a review
and partial rewrite is scheduled for an upcoming release) The design
of squeeze and Xarchiver is completely different.

Not to forget, the different design philosophy's, Xarchiver is
designed to be light-weight AND DE-independent. Squeeze on the other
hand is designed to be light-weight and integrate into the Xfce
Desktop Environment.

Therefore Xarchiver only depends on Gtk+2, [1]
while Squeeze depends on libxfce4util, thunar-vfs and libexo.

> > Auke
>
> Benedikt

Stephan

[1] Xarchiver handles mime-types internally
[2] Squeeze uses Thunar-Vfs to handle mime-types.