Start a program in a special Screen

Nick Schermer nickschermer at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 23:06:34 CET 2007

2007/1/10, Olivier Fourdan <fourdan at xfce.org>:
> I just checked, when workspace is set in SN, it's placed on the
> specified workspace (xfwm4 takes care of this).

And does this also work for apps like the gimp (multiple windows)?

But if this doesn't work for applications that don't honor the sn
specs, it will be confusing for most of the users (we will most likely
receive quite a lot of bug reports 'app x is not started on the right
workspace'). If so, I'm not a big fan for this kinda code in the
launcher.

Nick

Btw. here is Benny's code. July 2004 ^_^:
http://web.archive.org/web/20041228142852/http://echobase.homeunix.net/~bmeurer/tmp/xfstart.c