License for 4.4

Jean-François Wauthy pollux at xfce.org
Fri Jan 5 17:36:49 CET 2007

On Fri, 2007-01-05 at 17:25 +0100, Bernhard Walle wrote:
> Yes, but 'automatic switch' sounds like Xfce would be 'GPL v3 only'
> after GPL v3 is released. I consider this more as dual-licensing: v2
> and v3 at your choice.

At the _user's choice_, that's where the automatic switch can be seen
since we (the devs) don't have anything to say anymore on the choice
between v2, v3 or any future version. To me, dual-licensing is having
some kind of a 'discussion' between devs and user about which version of
the licence they want to use and then the user has to stick to it.

--
Jean-François Wauthy <pollux at xfce.org>