[Xfce4-commits] r24972 - xfce-mcs-plugins/branches/xfce_4_4/plugins/keyboard_plugin

Jari Rahkonen jari.rahkonen at pp1.inet.fi
Tue Feb 13 23:27:48 CET 2007

Olivier Fourdan wrote:
> Author: olivier
> Date: 2007-02-13 20:26:36 +0000 (Tue, 13 Feb 2007)
> New Revision: 24972
>
> Modified:
>    xfce-mcs-plugins/branches/xfce_4_4/plugins/keyboard_plugin/default.xml
> Log:
> Add default shortcuts for volume control using aumix

How likely is it that people have aumix on their systems? Is it more
likely than them having alsa-utils? Just curious, as I'm using amixer
for this purpose. I know that aumix is widely available, but if
alsa-utils is installed by default more often, it might be a wiser
choice for these default shortcuts.

Just for the record, these are the commands I'm using:

amixer set Master 10%+
amixer set Master 10%-
amixer set Master toggle

This has the additional benefit of making the mute button a true toggle
rather than just lowering the volume to 0.

- Jari