mixer, Re: Goals for next Xfce releases

Broeisi Rast broeisito at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 22:52:39 CET 2007

Would be nice to add a mute option to xfce4-mixer and a slider to adjust the
sound.
Right-clicking and then choose mute... just like the gnome-mixer applet
does...

That way you can mute or adjust the sound without having to open the mixer
app...

Cheers,

Broeisi

On 2/3/07, Danny Milosavljevic <danny_milo at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi,

> just
> >>
> >> I'll look into this. What mixer library do you use? (I ask because
> capture volume works for me in xfce4-mixer - and a panel-plugin capture
> volume setting sounds like a bad thing to have, after all you should only
> need to change it once every full moon)
>
> > not sure what you mean by mixer library. i have an audigy 2zs and use
> > plain alsa, i hope this helps.
>
> Ah, alsa.
>

> > it would be nice to have separated settings for capture and playback
> > like in alsamixer so you don't have them mixed in one huge list of
> > settings, but currently there are only sliders for playback volume
> > settings.
>
> Oh, that's strange... I have both playback and capture in that list and
> specifically implemented that, too. I wonder if something strange made it
> into the 4.4 branch? *checks* no...
>
> Function vc_get_control_list in line 478 in
>
> http://svn.xfce.org/filedetails.php?repname=xfce4&path=%2Fxfce4-mixer%2Fbranches%2Fxfce_4_4%2Flib%2Fvc_alsa.c&rev=0&sc=0doesn't filter anything, it just determines control type and adds it anyway
> in each case.
>
> Can you run "xfce4-mixer/lib/test_vc" please? (compile command is at the
> top of the test_vc.c... hmm, I should add that to automake... but how to get
> automake not to install it?).
>
> >[...]
>
> cheers,
>   Danny

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.