Goals for next Xfce releases

Björn Martensen bjoern.martensen at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 22:06:10 CET 2007

On Sat, 2007-02-03 at 20:36 +0000, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> >> - Mixer/Volume.
> > I miss an option to configure the volume of sound capturing like a
> > microphone. Currently I have to use alsamixer for that, as xfmixer just
> > only has faders for playback.
>
> I'll look into this. What mixer library do you use? (I ask because capture volume works for me in xfce4-mixer - and a panel-plugin capture volume setting sounds like a bad thing to have, after all you should only need to change it once every full moon)

not sure what you mean by mixer library. i have an audigy 2zs and use
plain alsa, i hope this helps.

it would be nice to have separated settings for capture and playback
like in alsamixer so you don't have them mixed in one huge list of
settings, but currently there are only sliders for playback volume
settings.

i agree that it doesn't neccessary have to be in a panel plugin, but
since that plugin is the only way to get access to the volume sliders in
xfce4-mixer from the xfce gui, it should still be there.
when i open the sound settings from the settings control center, i only
get the dialog where i can enable or disable the sliders for
xfce4-mixer, but i can't get access to the mixer itself. that only works
from the panel plugin or by running xfce4-mixer from a terminal.

grtz,
Björn